Thursday, October 9, 2008

♥ Awesome Weekend!!! ♥

This last weekend was so awesome, for so many reasons. One of the reasons was that I was able to spend some quality time with DBF and found out some good things about the way he feels and where we are going in life.

The real kicker was when I spilt miso soup on my pants when we went out to sushi. You would think that would put a real damper on our afternoon together, but it just made me go “Oh well I guess I’ll just go buy a new pair of pants, I need one any way.” So after our awesome lunch of the best Sushi in the world (If your ever in Roseburg, OR, Ami Sushi off Cass street is the best I’ve ever had and I’ve been to a lot of places with the exception to Japan) we went to the mall to try out a new store that I haven’t shopped at, but have been told that they have great plus size jeans.

When we got there I was feeling very out of place, because it totally looked like a stick store (you know one of those stores that you have to be a size zero to fit in to any thing) after calling my friend I found the plus size section. It’s a pretty small store, but I guess I had completely walked right past it. So I found the jeans and decided to try on the size 20, mind you that I’ve been wearing a size 22 and I tried on a couple size 20 about 4 weeks ago that looked horrible, they made me look like I had a massive muffin top that I’ve never had before.

So in to the dressing room I went with the size 20 pants in several different styles tried one on and it was TO BAGGY, I couldn’t believe it, so I had DBF go and grab me another pair of pants in an 18. He had wanted me to try them on before I went in the dressing room, but they where only in a size 18 and 16 so I didn’t. After I got the size 18 I tried them on and they fit perfectly.

I was so stoked I decided to wear them out of the store so I went up to the cashier and asked her what she needed on the pants to ring me out. After looking at the pants I had on though she decided to tell me “Our jeans stretch you know that right?”. Well I hadn’t ever been to that store before so, “no I didn’t know that”. Standing there thinking about it I realized that after several hours of wearing those size 18 jeans would cause them stretch to be too baggy.

So I decided I better try on the 16’s just to see if they would fit…….THEY DID!!!! I couldn’t believe it OMG I went from a size 22 to a 16 wow that was such an exciting thought. I couldn’t stop smiling the rest of the day.

I’m sure that I’m not going to fit in to every size 16 or even an 18, but just the thought that I own a pair of size 16 totally makes my day.

One more thing happened that weekend, I ended up wining a little dace off at the casino. The casino has little shows that play twice a night and DBF and I went to it for a little night out together. They ended up pulling me up on stage along with 3 other women that where much smaller then me and the crowed cheered for me to win the dance off. It was a lot of fun. I also got so many compliments that night from complete strangers. One lady said how she loved my shirt and that she had seen me walk by a couple of times and thought how cute it was.

Last weekend did so awesome for my ego. It’s nice to see how good all my hard work has paid off and that so many people noticed as well.

2 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Way to go!!!!

whitney allison said...

That's so exciting!!! Is there anything better for your self esteem then getting a smaller size? I guess so, getting 2 sizes smaller!

Weight Chart