Thursday, July 8, 2010

My head won't shut up.

As I sit here trying to work I have two things going through my head. First, there’s food (when isn’t food on my mind) and second, plan making this blog will focus on the first part.

When it comes to food, now that I’m back on track and working at eating right it feels like that’s the only thing ever on my mind is food. “Hmmm what should I eat for dinner?” “I wonder how many points (insert food item here) is.” “What new recipe should I try?” there theirs the questions of “Why is this so hard?” “How come I’m constantly, having to think of food to stay on track?” Does this thinking of food all the time cause me to feel hungry when I’m actually not?” “How do people cook every night?” “Why do I feel like I’m just barely getting by?” “After being on WW for almost 2 years (with a break in the middle) why do I feel that I’m lost and still can’t make the right food decisions with out logging on to the website and checking the points first?” I feel in a daze……

I’m doing good loosing weight, but I truly feel like I’m thinking about food ALL the time. Then again I feel like I’m in a rut of repetition. I mean take last night for example I went to the store to buy stuff for a salad and it was brought to my attention that what I get is SO repetitive. Lettuce in a bag (check), Cucumber (check), Tomato (check), pepper (check), cheese of some sort (check)……once in awhile I’ll get avocado or artichoke or something a little extra, but for the most part it’s the same 5 ingredients. When it was brought to my attention I was like “are there really that many choices for salads?” I guess there are, but the question is do I or would I like them?

Constantly I feel like it’s such a chore to keep on track. I feel that I don’t have enough information to make my decisions correctly, I mean how many calories am I really supposed to eat, and of those calories how much protean, fat, fiber, and vitamins am I really supposed to be getting each day in order to stay healthy and then how am I supposed to count all of that? I mean WW is a point system, but of out of those points am I really getting all the things that I need? I try to read new information constantly, but I still feel that I get a lot of up in the air answers. Isn’t there a straight forward answer anywhere? Maybe I should take a health class, would that help answer all these unanswered questions? I tried going to the WW meetings, but it was quite a drive to get to them and it just seemed like the leaders had the same questions and they were just floating in limbo land with me doing what they were taught or learned, but not really knowing the answers. I don’t get it.

So I’ve been trying to try new recipes each week, but it seems like such a chore. I like cooking, but when I try something new it seems to take so long to make it and then some times the food is amazing, but other times I feel this isn’t that good for the effort and time that I put in to making it…..especially when you take the time to do the dishes in to account too. Then the other thing is trying to find recipes that aren’t going to cost an arm and a leg to make. I’m a single gal that has a pretty good variety of spices, but some recipes call for the most random things and end up making a meal cost more then it would to go out to eat and have someone else make it and do the dishes.

Can you say catch 22?

No comments:

Weight Chart