Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Here's to change!



Today is an amazing day that will go down in history forever. The question now is how will it be looked at later in history? Will it be known as one of the worst mistakes in history (with Pres. Bush in office right now I really don’t see that happening) or will it be known as the best decision the US citizens have ever made?

I didn’t vote! I know we are one of the few countries to even have the ability to vote as women, but I’m not registered. I was raised that God is the only one that has the right to rule and that we aren’t supposed to put our trust in man. Since then though I have fallen away from some of those teachings, but have still never voted. The reason I don’t now isn’t because of old teaching, it’s because I don’t feel that I have enough information to make a decision that affects everyone in the entire USA.

Honestly if I had voted I would have voted for Obama. I feel from what I saw (which was very little) even if Obama doesn’t have enough experience (like many around me would say that was their reason for not voting for him) he has the desire to want change, he has the desire to look out side the box and at least take in to consideration things that no one else would. McCain, I feel would have been a stiff neck that would do things just because that’s the way they have been done for many years (even if he did chouse a woman as VP, which I feel was a huge publicity stunt for him). We already have had many, many Presidents that have had plenty of EXPERANCE (like Bush for instance) and look where we are, where we have been or where we are headed for, for that matter in this economy.

The funny thing too, that I don’t remember ever seeing in an election before, was that many people where looking at the VP just as much as the Presidential cannadets if not more. I heard people say that either McCain would die of some sort of health problem so we would end up with Palin (Umm sorry, but of all the people that didn’t have experience) or I heard that Obama would be assassinated and Biden be our Pres. Of all the elections this is the first that I can recall that looked so much at the VPs. Maybe I just haven’t paid attention to the past ones, but I just thought it was interesting.

I would love for a woman to be in the White House someday, but I don’t feel that Palin would be the right person, I mean she can’t even speak in Public with out days of preparation (as shown in the Debate). Also I don’t feel that Clinton would have been the right person, but I feel if it was between Mccan and Clinton I would have gone with Clinton. I am very glad though with whom this country has shown they want as our leader and spokes person.

These are just my opinions, and I don’t judge any one for what their opinions are in regards to who they voted for or didn’t vote for. Some of my best friends voted for McCain. The thing that really upset me in this race was that so many would talk about voting for the first time ever just so they could vote against Obama so we would not have a black Pres. You would think that in this day and age we would be past all this hate and ridicules prejudice, it just shows how much further we still need to go, but we have proved how far we have come by who was elected (by a land slide in my opinion, over 200 electoral votes that’s amazing).
I am very excited to be alive to witness this change in America. I am even more excited to see where our new President will take us. Who knows what is going to happen I hope he can help us keep this country going and put us back in the right direction. Only time will tell.

Please don’t take any thing I say personal, these are just my opinions.

I hope that I am still alive to see a woman be President some day (just not Hillary though, IMO).

No comments:

Weight Chart