Friday, November 14, 2008

Month 4





Once again I have come to the end of yet another month. This month I have lost a total of 7 lbs. It has slowed down a bit, but I keep loosing every week so I’m happy with that.

Through out this journey I have lost a total of 41 lbs. I have lost 3 pant sizes and found that I fit in to a pair of pants that I used as encouragement to fit in to, from the time that I lost 50 lbs (doing Atkins). I never was able to fit in to them. I wasn’t even able to zip them up. I started at a BMI of 39 and am now down to a BMI of 33. I only have 25 more pounds to go until I’m just overweight and not OBESE (this word just doesn’t seem to hold the feeling it has unless it’s capitalized).

The gym is awesome, I love going and I work my butt off when I go. I really want a TM though, but I’m not going to let that detour me from weight training. When I started there where about 2 weeks that I would end up hurting after my sessions, after that I didn’t hurt any more, but I really felt the burn.

My favorite thing to do is the bench press. For some reason I really enjoy it I’m not sure why, but I feel a great since of accomplishment from doing it. It’s to the point where today I may end up having to add some weight to the bar. I have never had any strength in my arms and it feels great that I’m getting this muscle. For some reason it has built my self esteem more then I ever thought.

I didn’t end up really getting into the full swing of the C25K, because I just couldn’t get myself to go to my parents that much during the week. With my knees not being very strong I didn’t want to start out on the open road and possibly cause damage to myself. I have used their TM several times and found that I can do the first week of the program and that is better then I thought that I could do. I never thought I would be able to run. It’s not a lot of running, but I could do it and that was the point.

I have found another weakness…….cob salad I love cob salads, but I’m picky on where I get them. I couldn’t believe that a cob salad can be as much as 15 points it’s insane how a salad can be that many points. That is one thing too I always did like salads, but the way I made them they where never healthy. I would put tons of meat (Chicken, usually fried, Bacon, even lunch meat) then I would put cheese, lots of different veggies and of course I had to have the ranch dressing.

Ranch dressing was used for everything: Pizza, bread sticks, fried chicken, fried zucchini, burgers, fries, sandwich, broccoli, carrots, salad, and what ever else you could think of. If you thought you needed catsup for something then you should try it with Ranch….ummmmm it was OH SO GOOD. When I found out how much one serving (2 Tbs) of Ranch was in points I freaked out. I would use more like 5 servings on my salads, and my pizza, I would eat at least 2 servings with one piece alone. Yeah I think this is about the size of bottle I used.


Since I started WW I haven’t had Ranch much at all. I am too afraid of going over that one serving. Now I know that Blue cheese isn’t any better, but it’s not something that’s going to be good on EVERYTHING. In fact it is really only good in moderation. I never like blue cheese growing up, in fact I never even tried it again until about 3 months ago and I actually liked it.

My points have gone down once again. When I started 4 months ago I started with a daily point of 35 then it would slowly creep its way down and I would learn to deal with it. Well I have come to the point where my points are at 29. Twenty nine? Umm how am I supposed to eat food with only 29 points? And if I’m at 29 now what am I going to get down to when I’m at goal? Wow what a thought.

On to the next month.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Haze,
You have had some great accomplishments this year. You will get to eat more food if you are exercising. Make sure that you don't short change yourself on that side.
I love reading your blogs so keep them coming. Today I posted up what one of my day's looks like. Thought people might enjoy that.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

You are doing a wonderful job!

whitney allison said...

You really are an inspiration! I wish I enjoyed working out as much as you do! I've noticed my pants getting tighter and tighter so next time I think its to hard I'll come to your blog to inspire me! Keep at the good work.

Weight Chart