One month down, a lifetime to go! This month has been so tough, but easy at the same time. Does that make since?
I have lost a total of 15 pounds this month and am feeling great! There have been struggles and there have been very easy moments. I was able to stay focused and OP with everyone’s help; on the WW boards, my close friends, and family. They have all been very supportive. When I feel weak, I look to all of these people for encouragement.
Something that helps most of all is to see the different WW board member’s web sites. Looking at their stories of struggles, persistence, ups & downs, food cravings, goals achieved, goals to be achieved, experience on WW, progress pictures, and what ever else anyone can think of. When ever I’m having trouble staying OP I look at these websites. Some of these women have lost more then I need to or half of what I need to, but it helps me to realize that if these women can do it so can I.
A huge thing that happened this month that was very hard to deal with was my Grandfathers death. You know how when your upset or depressed all you want to do is eat, sit in front of the TV, and veg out? Yeah well I WAS very much that type of person and being that it’s only been a month I have been fighting that so much. Not just because of the death of my Grandfather, but even in general I WAS the type of person that I could seriously stay in bed all weekend and do nothing. Today I found a quote from WW board member’s (wwglamourgirl) Web that said “Food doesn’t solve problems, just creates new ones.” How true that is I mean that is how I got in this mess!
So needless to say I have been struggling with the exercise part of this new life change. My biggest help has been my friend Amanda, she has been on WW for about a year now and has lost a lot of weight, very close to reaching her goal weight, and has been/is a great encouragement to me. We have been encouraging each other to exercise, walking together. We are on our fourth week and staying strong. Some times we will only walk for 30 min other times we will push each other to walk 60 min.
I have also purchased a walking video with Leslie Sansone and you know, I’ve been walking as long as 60 min in a day which I would think is more then 3 miles, but could I do her 3 mile work out? No! I only got to 2 miles so I have something to work towards, don’t I? It’s a lot of fun though and it mixes things up for me, I really like it.
In the past I have had the mentality of it’s all or nothing and I realized it can’t be that way, we are all going to have our ups and downs. Another one of the WW board members (LARICHA) has this stated on her website “Would you toss yourself down an entire flight of stairs if you tripped on just one step?” and it really stuck, it’s so true! I have been working on removing this all or nothing mentality and have been getting right back OP when I have strayed.
This month I have learned so much and I can only imagine how much more I am going to learn. So this month I am going to keep in mind that “Being OP is hard SOME of the time; but, being obese was hard ALL of the time!” another quote I stole, lol.

No comments:
Post a Comment