Wow 2 months already. I can’t believe that it’s been a full 2 months. So what have I learned this month? Haven’t I learned everything yet? Lol Yeah right I don’t think I will ever know all that I can about this process. This is a life path not just a 2 month path, I will always be learning new and old things alike.
So this month I didn’t start the C25K, because I don’t feel physically capable of starting it. When I started kicking my butt in place while doing a video I found that I didn’t have the knee strength for it. So I’m going to keep up with my walking, videos, and way of eating. Eventually when I lose some more weight and I get more strength training in then I should be able to get going on it.
Something that I was having a very hard time with the first month was trying to figure out how many AP’s I would get for an exercise. It was so confusing! I would do my exercises and come up with the number of points then when I would talk about it on the WW board other people didn’t understand how I came up with so many AP’s. It was discouraging, because I didn’t want to use those points to eat and then end up gaining at WI.
How did I solve this? I went out and bought a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) that tells me how many calories that are burned. It took all the guess work out of it and I found that I was pretty close to the right calculations. 100 Calories burned is 1 AP OMG how easy was that?!?! Probably one of the best purchases ever.
This month I found a lot of great foods, I found that the Best Foods Mayo (made with real Olive Oil) it’s pretty tasty. It doesn’t taste that much different and it’s very low in points. WW chocolate cookies are really good and extra low in points (but don’t have more then one they can get up there). I’ve been drinking a lot of V-8 in the mornings as a way to kick start my metabolism bright and early.
I got a bunch of new videos. Five “Firm” videos, which I haven’t tried to do yet, they have a lot of transitions in them and I don’t think I could keep up yet. I bought 2 more “Walk Away the Pounds”. Both of them came with a resistance band that really works your mussels. One of the videos is strictly firming with the band and the other is a 4 mile walk with the band. I haven’t tried the 4 mile walk yet, because I always seem to do a video after I walk and I don’t need to walk an extra 4 miles after walking, anywhere from 30 to 60 min. Then the last video that I got was of course the “30 Day Shred”, that video as you probably read in one of my other blogs kicked my ass, my arms felt like Jello after I was done.
The other thing I did for myself this month was get some good exercise clothes. Five pairs of pants, One pair of Shoes (nike good ones for when I’m ready to start running), a jacket that matches one of the pants (on sale), and some sports bras (so I don’t have an excuse of why I can’t work out more then 3 times in a week). I needed them pretty bad….lol for an example, when I did the 30 Day Shred I had to do jumping jacks and my jeans fell down so I had to go get some sweats on so they wouldn’t fall down.
Some achievements this month are:
♥I received my 25 lb Star
♥I passed the September Challenge of 5 lbs already with 2 more WI’s to go
♥I’m on track to get all 115 Ap’s for the month of September (for the 115 Ap’s for Sep Challenge)
♥I took my first progress pics and could totally tell the difference
Things I need to work on for next month:
○ Create a dinning out guide for all the restaurants in the area
○ Keep up with my Thanksgiving Day Challenge
○ Experiment with new foods
○ Keep sweet intake to 4 times a week
○ Be the one in control NOT THE FOOD!
This month I found out that DBF is feeling bad when we go out to eat (and we go out a lot), because either we have to stick to the few restaurants/foods that I know (McDonalds, Subway, Applebee’s, Cob Salad, and a few others) and he’s getting bored with those. The other problem is that he feels bad about eating thing I can’t have in front of me. I told him that he can’t feel bad about that, because I have to be the one in control, being able to see it and not want it is something that I have to learn to do.
Slowly but shirley I am getting all this. I just got to keep plugging away at it.
Another way I started to keep myself accountable it to join several challenges on the WW boards. I joined the: September Challenge (we’re challenged to lose 5 lb in the month of September), Weekly Walkers (we create a weekly goal of miles for our selves to reach for the week), Thanksgiving Day Challenge (we create 3 different goals to reach by T-Day: Weight Loss, Exercise, and Personal), and the last one is the 115 AP Challenge (we challenge our selves to reach 115 Ap’s for the month of September).
I’m doing pretty good in all my challenges. I’ve beaten the September Challenge, I’m on track for the 155 AP’s Challenge and I’ve been keeping up with my Weekly Walkers goals. The T-Day goals this week has challenged me, last night I ended up having way too many Weight Watcher cookies which really got me down today (beating myself up for not having controle).
There are the T-Day Challenge goals:
Weight loss: Lose 15 lbs, by T-Day
Exercise: 27 Ap’s a week (Up to 115 for the Month)
Personal: Only have sweets 4 times a week & Create my own dinning out guide for my local area
I’m going to end with this NSV (non scale victory). I went shopping with a friend and tried on a size smaller in clothes. I was able to get them buttoned, but they didn’t look good. Can you say muffin top? Lol Yeah well the point is that I was able to button them and that was a great feeling.
Now on to Month 3 and beyond!
So this month I didn’t start the C25K, because I don’t feel physically capable of starting it. When I started kicking my butt in place while doing a video I found that I didn’t have the knee strength for it. So I’m going to keep up with my walking, videos, and way of eating. Eventually when I lose some more weight and I get more strength training in then I should be able to get going on it.
Something that I was having a very hard time with the first month was trying to figure out how many AP’s I would get for an exercise. It was so confusing! I would do my exercises and come up with the number of points then when I would talk about it on the WW board other people didn’t understand how I came up with so many AP’s. It was discouraging, because I didn’t want to use those points to eat and then end up gaining at WI.
How did I solve this? I went out and bought a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) that tells me how many calories that are burned. It took all the guess work out of it and I found that I was pretty close to the right calculations. 100 Calories burned is 1 AP OMG how easy was that?!?! Probably one of the best purchases ever.
This month I found a lot of great foods, I found that the Best Foods Mayo (made with real Olive Oil) it’s pretty tasty. It doesn’t taste that much different and it’s very low in points. WW chocolate cookies are really good and extra low in points (but don’t have more then one they can get up there). I’ve been drinking a lot of V-8 in the mornings as a way to kick start my metabolism bright and early.
I got a bunch of new videos. Five “Firm” videos, which I haven’t tried to do yet, they have a lot of transitions in them and I don’t think I could keep up yet. I bought 2 more “Walk Away the Pounds”. Both of them came with a resistance band that really works your mussels. One of the videos is strictly firming with the band and the other is a 4 mile walk with the band. I haven’t tried the 4 mile walk yet, because I always seem to do a video after I walk and I don’t need to walk an extra 4 miles after walking, anywhere from 30 to 60 min. Then the last video that I got was of course the “30 Day Shred”, that video as you probably read in one of my other blogs kicked my ass, my arms felt like Jello after I was done.
The other thing I did for myself this month was get some good exercise clothes. Five pairs of pants, One pair of Shoes (nike good ones for when I’m ready to start running), a jacket that matches one of the pants (on sale), and some sports bras (so I don’t have an excuse of why I can’t work out more then 3 times in a week). I needed them pretty bad….lol for an example, when I did the 30 Day Shred I had to do jumping jacks and my jeans fell down so I had to go get some sweats on so they wouldn’t fall down.
Some achievements this month are:
♥I received my 25 lb Star
♥I passed the September Challenge of 5 lbs already with 2 more WI’s to go
♥I’m on track to get all 115 Ap’s for the month of September (for the 115 Ap’s for Sep Challenge)
♥I took my first progress pics and could totally tell the difference
Things I need to work on for next month:
○ Create a dinning out guide for all the restaurants in the area
○ Keep up with my Thanksgiving Day Challenge
○ Experiment with new foods
○ Keep sweet intake to 4 times a week
○ Be the one in control NOT THE FOOD!
This month I found out that DBF is feeling bad when we go out to eat (and we go out a lot), because either we have to stick to the few restaurants/foods that I know (McDonalds, Subway, Applebee’s, Cob Salad, and a few others) and he’s getting bored with those. The other problem is that he feels bad about eating thing I can’t have in front of me. I told him that he can’t feel bad about that, because I have to be the one in control, being able to see it and not want it is something that I have to learn to do.
Slowly but shirley I am getting all this. I just got to keep plugging away at it.
Another way I started to keep myself accountable it to join several challenges on the WW boards. I joined the: September Challenge (we’re challenged to lose 5 lb in the month of September), Weekly Walkers (we create a weekly goal of miles for our selves to reach for the week), Thanksgiving Day Challenge (we create 3 different goals to reach by T-Day: Weight Loss, Exercise, and Personal), and the last one is the 115 AP Challenge (we challenge our selves to reach 115 Ap’s for the month of September).
I’m doing pretty good in all my challenges. I’ve beaten the September Challenge, I’m on track for the 155 AP’s Challenge and I’ve been keeping up with my Weekly Walkers goals. The T-Day goals this week has challenged me, last night I ended up having way too many Weight Watcher cookies which really got me down today (beating myself up for not having controle).
There are the T-Day Challenge goals:
Weight loss: Lose 15 lbs, by T-Day
Exercise: 27 Ap’s a week (Up to 115 for the Month)
Personal: Only have sweets 4 times a week & Create my own dinning out guide for my local area
I’m going to end with this NSV (non scale victory). I went shopping with a friend and tried on a size smaller in clothes. I was able to get them buttoned, but they didn’t look good. Can you say muffin top? Lol Yeah well the point is that I was able to button them and that was a great feeling.
Now on to Month 3 and beyond!

2 comments:
That is a great idea for the activity points!
I am proud of you! You are doing great! You are sooo pretty. If looked like you, would not even be doing WW! lol
Post a Comment