Friday, September 12, 2008

To the gym or Not? This is the question!

I live in a small town in Oregon, that is with in a 10 to 15 min drive to about 3 other towns. I work in one of those other small towns. In a different small town there is this gym. It’s about the same distance from my house to work, from work to the gym, and from the gym to my house.

Now since I’ve been on WW I’ve been walking with my good friend in quite a few of these towns. She lives in the town with the gym, works in the town I live in and has family in the town I work, lol. Even when we can’t walk either I go walking on my own (with my dog) or I pop in a video and work out (usually a walk at home video, lol). I’ve been doing great with my exercises, it’s awesome.

It’s getting to be Fall which means that Winter and Spring are shortly to come. Being that this is Oregon that means rain and a lot of it. So once it starts raining we won’t be walking outside, she can’t afford to be sick for school and I don’t blame her at all. I haven’t decided if I’m going to continue walking outside in the rain or not, I guess that will be determined when it starts and I walk in it the first couple of times.

My friend is looking in to joining this gym and said that I should check it out. My issue right now is I really don’t know if I want to spend the money on it when I’ve been trying to cut my costs. Could I afford it? Probably, but I need a new car soon (my car has over 180,000 miles on it and its only 5 years old), I need to fix up my house (remodel my kitchen, bathroom, and a couple other things), the girls need a bunk bed (they sleep on a Queen right now when they visit), I want to fix up the front/back yard, I would like to have money if I ever decide to get married (the ceremony), and I would like money for emergencies.

So you see where I’m at…..will I spend money any way…..probably, I suck at saving money, but I have been getting better. The gym member ship is under $30 a month.

The gym from what I hear is like Curves, it’s a circuit, but it’s got weights instead of hydraulics machines, so it’s a Curves on steroids. Could I get some benefit out of it? Yeah I could, but I’ve got videos, resistance bands, free weights, and some exercise machines my Aunt bought me at my house so do I really need a Gym?

Should I go check it out or just base my opinion off of my own thoughts?

No comments:

Weight Chart